Buying and selling property during Coronavirus might seem challenging, but at Northside Realty we believe it’s actually a good time to do both.
Why? Well buyer numbers are high, as many people are hoping to make the most of low interest rates and current government incentives.
In turn, this increased demand is creating healthy competition in the marketplace and seeing house prices increase in some areas – which is excellent news for sellers.
If you are on hunt for your first home or your forever home, or hoping to sell your property, our experienced real estate professionals offer up helpful tips in our blog below.
Is it a Good Time to Sell Property in North Brisbane?
It’s an excellent time for sellers to list their properties, because we are experiencing higher demand with a lower number of available properties.
Consequently, properties often sell at or shortly after the first open home. At Northside Realty, we also believe record prices are on the rise.
Tips for selling your home during COVID-19
- Talk to your real estate agent about how they’re navigating through COVID-19 restrictions and what they mean for you as a seller. Ask your agent:
- How will your property be showcased?
- Have they adapted additional ways to market your house in this environment?
- Are their marketing activities internet savvy?
- If you are selling and buying at the same time, you may want to consider a longer settlement.
- We also recommend you choose a solicitor that can provide PEXA (Property Exchange Australia) settlements – which are undertaken electronically.
Is it a Good Time to Buy Property in North Brisbane?
It is actually a good time for buyers to throw their hat in the ring as well.
Why? Buyers can take advantage of low interest rates and available government incentives.
Tips for Buying Property During COVID-19
- Put your best offer forward initially. There are more buyers looking at the moment, which often means there is a greater number of interested parties submitting offers.
- As with selling, we recommend you choose a solicitor that can provide electronic PEXA (Property Exchange Australia) settlements. This reduces the need for in-person appointments – just in case restrictions are ramped up again.
- Follow all health and safety protocols at open home inspections, such as using available hand sanitiser and leaving accurate contact details.
At open homes conducted by Northside Realty:
- We ask everyone to sign in and leave accurate details.
- We offer hand sanitiser, wipes and clean pens.
- Physical distancing is also followed.
Buying and selling property during Coronavirus
If buying or selling property is on your agenda during this challenging time, let the experienced real estate professionals at Northside Realty help.
Looking to buy, sell or rent property? With a professionally driven team and proven track record, Northside Realty are determined to get you the highest price. Contact Northside Realty today.