If you’re preparing your property for sale and wondering, “does landscaping add value to a house?”, the simple answer is YES!
It’s no secret that first impressions are vital and when it comes to selling your home presentation is key!
Landscaping not only improves street appeal, but it makes your home more desirable to inspect – especially as potential buyers will feel like there is less work to do (and money to spend) once they move in.
This in turn will create more interest and competition, but also helps drive up the price of your property.
In this blog we run through a range of simple and affordable landscaping ideas and improvements for:
- Garden beds
- Garden sheds
- Paths and driveways.
If you are ready to list your North Brisbane property for sale, you can reach out to the experienced Northside Realty team on (07) 3264 4033 for a no-obligation property appraisal.
Landscaping Ideas to Increase Property Value
Lawn presentation and maintenance
When it comes to the appearance of your lawn, you’ll need to plan ahead and begin making some improvements at least 6 months before listing your home for sale.
This ensures there’s plenty of time for a new lawn to establish – if required.
Things to do may include:
- Fertilising lawn regularly,
- Aerating lawn,
- Getting rid of weeds in your lawn,
- Establishing edges and/or fixing edging around your lawn and gardens,
- Regular mowing and watering of the lawn, and
- Making sure the yard is green.
If you’ve started any shed improvement projects, now is the time to finish them.
You can also make some inexpensive upgrades to your shed to ensure they’re more user-friendly.
- Fixing any problems or unfinished jobs e.g. half-sheeted wall, leaking roof, loose gutters and broken locks,
- Adding power to the shed (Not essential but always a bonus with the buyers),
- Painting the shed if required, and
- Adding some shelving – you certainly don’t need to go overboard as every home owner likes to customise this space to their needs, but a few basic storage solutions will help spark buyer interest.
Paths and driveways
Carrying out any repairs and cleaning your paths and driveways can make a positive impact – and some of these don’t cost any money, just your time.
Some recommendations include:
- Fixing any loose pavement or concrete paths,
- Fixing any cracks,
- Fixing any damaged downpipes or draining, addressing drainage issues,
- Repainting if necessary, and
- Pressure cleaning your driveway.
The condition of your garden beds is also important and can enhance street appeal.
- Regular weeding is essential,
- Freshly mulched,
- Removing old growth,
- Trimming shrubs and small trees, and
- Adding some foliage if necessary as well as colour.
Does Landscaping Add Value to a House
Landscaping is an important place to invest your money prior to listing your home.
It not only improves your street appeal, but it also adds value to your home, as there’s less work for any potential buyers – meaning there’s less chance he/she will discount your home moving forward.
Seeking more advice, or ready to list your North Brisbane home? Call Northside Realty today on (07) 3264 4033.
Looking to buy, sell or rent property? With a professionally driven team and proven track record, Northside Realty are determined to get you the highest price. Contact Northside Realty today.