When it comes to selling your home, is property styling worth it? The answer is yes! The facts are homes that are presented better sell faster and in most cases more money.
But let us explain a little more. In our latest blog, Northside Realty has teamed up with Jillinda Perryhaines from Living Synergy Property Styling to get the best tips and ideas on styling your home.
Benefits of Styling a Property for Sale
- Sell faster and for more money than if no styling was done.
- It is all about creating a warm and inviting atmosphere and highlighting the property’s best features to encourage buyers to fall in love with your property and make an offer.
- When you engage the help of a professional stylist, you will definitely reduce some of the stress that selling a house can bring on as they can take care of the styling process for you.
Factors a Stylist Considers
When styling a property, we look at the type of house and its location, identifying its strengths and areas that require improvement. We make sure every room is being shown to its full potential.
We also consider who the buyer is and what their requirements might be to ensure the property appeals to them. One thing that doesn’t work well is not having a cohesive look throughout the home.
4 Tips for Styling a Home
- Declutter – buyers love a light and spacious feel throughout the home.
- Get it fixed – see what is in need of maintenance, you want to eliminate any reason that a buyer might want to lower their offer.
- Clean and then clean some more – this is for both inside and outside the home.
- Create street appeal – tidy the garden, mow the lawn and ensure there is a clear path to the front door.
Styling a Home on a Budget
You don’t need to spend money to style your home. If the homeowner is still living in the house and their furniture is in great condition, suits the house and the space that it’s in, that is a great way to save money when enlisting the help of a professional stylist. This is because the existing furniture can be utilised and the package will only include additional soft furnishings such as cushions, linen, accessories, lamps and art for example.
Alternatively, if the house is empty and you do need to hire the furniture items as well, instead of styling the whole house, you can just focus on styling the essential rooms like the living room, dining room, kitchen, outdoor living area, master bedroom and bathrooms.
Why You Should Consider Styling Your Home
In this current market, it is so important to consider styling your home for sale, now more than ever.
- Your listing photos need to be as ‘eye catching’ as possible to get interest in your property.
- The same goes for the marketing video that will be taken. If a house is left empty, buyers will find it difficult to gauge the size and space and may cross it off their ‘must see’ list.
- On the other hand, if the house is cluttered and full of the owner’s belongings, a buyer might find it hard to get an idea of what the house really looks like and will cross it off their list too.
- Styling a home with furniture will also give the buyer a great first impression when they view the property in person.
If your budget doesn’t allow you to style your home or get the advice of a stylist, then we would suggest virtual furniture as an option. The virtual furniture will showcase your home in its best light online to attract the right buyers.
Is Property Styling Worth It?
Looking to buy, sell or rent property? With a professionally driven team and proven track record, Northside Realty are determined to get you the highest price. Contact Northside Realty today.