Today we’re covering Why Council Certificates are Important when selling your North Brisbane home. This is the latest instalment in Northside Realty’s video series for home owners.
With more than 26 years of selling real estate, Northside Realty Principal Bryan Reinhardt explains the best ways to prepare your home for sale, and how you add value without breaking the bank.
Checklist: Things to Look at Before You Sell Your North Brisbane home
- Council approvals and certifications
- Prior building and pest inspections
- External presentation and internal presentations
- Entertainment areas
- Things that are a must to fix
Selling Your North Brisbane Home: Why Council Certifications are Important!
- It doesn’t matter how old your home is, it’s still best to contact your council, pay the small fee and ask them if everything is approved and certified.
- The word certified is very important. There are thousands of homes that potentially have uncertified structures.
- If you find there is something that is not certified or doesn’t even have approval, it’s not the end of the world. It can all be sorted within a few weeks if you talk with the right people.
- If checking is not done prior to your home selling you can run the risk of the buyer terminating the contract or asking for a hefty price reduction when it could only cost a few hundred dollars to fix.
We can help you if you need some advice. Contact Northside Realty on 3264 4033 or send us a message online.
Selling your home in today’s market
With so many television shows today about real estate home renovations and styling; most people think you have to spend tens of thousands of dollars or more to present your home.
The reality is you don’t need to go to that extent at all. This would work if you have an unlimited budget, but most people lead busy lives with limited time and funds to match.
Stay tuned as there will be more helpful tips coming soon in this video series.
Looking to buy, sell or rent property? With a professionally driven team and proven track record, Northside Realty are determined to make your property our priority. Contact Northside Realty today.