The warm weather outside doesn’t mean that the real estate market is going cold. While a change of season may signal a change in weather, home sales are still on the go.
Northside Realty’s Bryan Reinhardt talks about ways you can make your home even more appealing to potential buyers with some summer real estate tips.
What to Consider When Listing Your Home During Summer
It’s the hottest time of the year, but that doesn’t mean the buyers aren’t around. Here are some things to consider when placing your home on the marker in summer:
- Choose open times that suit the house best – for example, if you don’t have air conditioning, it’s best to show early in the morning to keep the place and buyers cool.
- Pool maintenance – if you have a pool, make sure it’s all up to scratch and the pool safety certificate is in place (this relates to sale at any time during the year). But especially in the warmer months, make your pool look inviting because this is what buyers will be focused on.
- Style your outdoor area to help buyers imagine how they can bring the indoors out and use this space to entertain. We tend to do more entertaining in summer.
- Keep the garden lush – it can be hard during the summer heat, but a green garden will appeal to buyers more than a dry and dull looking area.
Tips for Staging Your Home for Sale
- Turn the air conditioning on if it’s a hot day or if an open home is held in the middle of the day.
- Keep the buyers cool and refreshed during their house viewing. If the house doesn’t have air conditioning – put your fans on early in the morning and keep the blinds closed right up until it’s time to show the house.
- Keep the buyers hydrated – ensure there is water available for when they come in.
- Update your home to suit the summer trend – remove heavy curtains and other furnishings, accessorise with light colours for a fresh and clean look.
Summer Real Estate Trends
During summer the only time the market dips is between Christmas and New Year. The market doesn’t slow down typically right until the week before Christmas day.
A lot of people are on holidays in December and January and will be looking to buy. It can actually be quite a convenient time for the buyers to view homes.
What to Expect this Summer
The market will continue to have demand from buyers as stock levels are low and interest rates are at an all-time low as well – it makes for a good seller market.
Summer Real Estate Tips
You can also like Northside Realty and follow us on face book and Instagram, so you get these tips automatically. Also make sure you share our page with your friends.
Keep coming back for more helpful tips!
Looking to buy, sell or rent property? With a professionally driven team and proven track record, Northside Realty are determined to get you the highest price. Contact Northside Realty today.