If you have ever bought or sold a house before, you would know there is a lot of focus around the value of the property.
A property appraisal is the first step to create an estimate of what a house is worth in today’s market.
In this latest blog from Northside Realty, we talk about the reasons why you need a property appraisal and how it works.
3 Reasons for a Property Appraisal
There could be any number of reasons to seek a property appraisal. Here are the 3 main ones:
To sell your property
- Change of location (lifestyle changes, neighbourhood changes, work relocations)
- Upsizing (growing family, multigenerational household).
- Downsizing (empty nesters).
To understand the value of your property
- If you’ve renovated – it is a good idea to call your real estate agent to appraise your property, so you know how the renovations impacted on the value, especially if you plan to sell down the track.
- House has never been on the market before or you are a first time seller.
- Keep a pulse on the current local market.
- If you are wanting to buy an investment property.
- Understanding how to best add value to your property (renovations, upgrades, subdivisions).
How a Property Appraisal Works
- Here at Northside Realty our property appraisals are conducted by our principal Bryan Reinhardt. Bryan has been working in the real estate industry for more than 27 years and offers a wealth of experience and local knowledge.
We conduct appraisals any time, day or night and also on weekends. They can take anywhere from 10 minutes up to 2 hours, depending on your requirements.
- We can complete either a short appraisal or a comprehensive appraisal. A short appraisal is recommended for home owners who are in the early stages thinking about selling their home. A comprehensive appraisal has a range of steps we follow and undertake multiple discussions with the home owner about how they want to proceed.
Why do you need a property appraisal?
If you’re looking for an agent to undertake a property appraisal on your home, get in touch with the team at Northside Realty. Call us today on (07) 3264 4033 for your free appraisal.
Looking to buy, sell or rent property? With a professionally driven team and proven track record, Northside Realty are determined to make your property our priority. Contact Northside Realty today.